Position: Broadcast Operations Production Specialist
Hours: Weekly contract
Salary: $20 starting
Supervisor: Executive Director
*Must be available weeknights for City Council meetings*
Background: Millbrae Community Television is a nonprofit community media center with a mission to cultivate a greater sense of community and encourage civic engagement through the use of media. Serving the city of Millbrae and its regional neighbors for more than 20 years, MCTV is an award-winning organization focused on media and community. MCTV works with several municipalities to broadcast public meetings live on city channels and streaming online. The organization produces local and original content that is distributed regionally.
The Position: Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Production Specialist is responsible and oversees client weekly public meetings, station management, community content creation of a wide variety of media materials. The individual must carry out multiple independent projects from concept through implementation, with a considerable degree of self-direction and initiative, strong work ethics, highly organized, solid customer skills, and the ability to complete creative media productions that meet and exceed professional standards.
- Select, download, and schedule programs for city channels (generic programming, community announcements, agendas, weekly live meeting)
- Use various Cablecasts to schedule shows to cablecast and to live web streaming
- Enter new episodes into the online asset database (TRT, id, title, descriptions, series, category, etc)
- Write and/or edit text for TV shows website descriptions and TV Guides
- Manage online program schedule
- Design slides and upload community announcements slides
- Assist with studio productions when needed
- Assist Executive Director & Media Director with social media channel management
- Assist Executive Director & Media Director with community outreach efforts
Desired Work Experience & Education:
Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university; or equivalent experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Broadcasting or IT background
- Public access television experience helpful
- Strong customer service focus
- Effective problem solver, who can identify and resolve problems promptly;
- Assist with projects coordinates; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time
- Strives to continuously build knowledge base and skills; shares expertise with others
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Very strong computer skills
- Skilled in all aspects of small format video field production, studio production, and editing
- Ability to troubleshoot minor problems on media production equipment
- Ability to work with and supervise a diverse group of people
- Strong communication, organizational, and writing skills
- Working knowledge of Mac OS, Windows OS, and Microsoft Office
- Ability to provide instruction on-field production equipment and studio production equipment
- Must have a valid CA Driver’s License
- Must provide their own transportation. Select, download, and schedule programs for city channels (generic programming, community announcements, agendas, weekly live meeting)
How to Apply:
To apply for this position please email a cover letter and resume to jobs (at) mctv.tv with Broadcast Operations Production Specialist in the subject line.
Our team is an energetic group, we are an equal opportunity employer and STRONGLY ENCOURAGE all backgrounds, people of color, women, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ +, to apply.
To apply please email a thoughtful cover letter and resume to jobs (at) mctv.tv