The Executive Director of Millbrae Community Television (MCTV) reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for leadership of the nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization. The Executive Director’s responsibilities include strategic planning, economic development, community outreach, grant and contract management, financial oversight, communications, and staff administration.
Candidates should have experience in producing content, editing, acting as community outreach and scheduling programing. Experience working with a non-profit organization is a plus. This position also oversees administrative, financial and program operations including personnel matters.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops a strategic plan and leads economic development efforts that ensure the long-term financial stability of the organization, including but not limited to donor management and community sponsorships.
- Identifies and fosters strategic relationships with external organization (including individuals, businesses, educational institutions, and nonprofits) that strengthens MCTV’s standing in the community, increases exposure and maximizes our value within the region.
- Manages contracts with existing clients and serves as the main point of contact for all potential clients.
- Monitors telecommunications policy changes and legislation at a local, state, regional and national level as it affects PEG access.
- Provides reports with administrative, policy/procedural, and technical knowledge to assist the Board’s decision-making process, and implement directives of the Board.
- Manages MCTV’s legal affairs, secures legal assistance when needed, and ensures compliance with the law.
- Oversees human-resources responsibilities including the hiring and management of staff to ensure the needs of the organization are being efficiently met.
- Manages organizations finances and creates annual and capital budgets along with Board Treasurer.
- Manage the operation and maintenance of all facilities and equipment to ensure the production of diverse and quality programming.
Three to five years experience in nonprofit, education, government or television production and programming. A bachelor’s degree or equivalent education required. A valid California driver’s license is required. This is a full-time position with benefits. Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please.
VIDEO PRODUCTION CONTRACTORS – Live Multicam Shoots
Millbrae Community Television (MCTV) is a 501c3 organization that provides public, education, and government television production service to the cities of Millbrae, San Mateo, Brisbane, San Carlos, as well as other municipalities on the San Francisco Peninsula.
Millbrae Community Television is looking for video production contractors to assist with live televised meetings for our civic clients.
Experience with live multi camera productions is a plus.
- Prepare graphics for each production and operate live graphics during productions
- Maintain live stream of production
- Prepare video clips for on-demand viewing
- Assist the director as needed including directing portions of the production
- At least 2 years experience working in a video production environment
- Understanding of video and audio signal flow
- Experience troubleshooting electronic equipment and ability to calmly and quickly find effective solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent client relations skills (most work is client facing)
- Close attention to details and desire to produce highest quality product possible
- Transportation to and from job sites. Some meetings will last beyond typical hours of public transit operation so a car is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in television production, cinema, or multimedia studies or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of on-screen graphics programs
- Experience with civic meetings
Compensation based on experience. Contractors may also have an opportunity to assume a directorial role with MCTV based on performance in this position.
To apply please send resume and cover letter to the following address: email@example.com. No phone calls please.