Looking to make a difference? Millbrae Community Television’s is an established nonprofit with a mission to encourage civic engagement via responsible social media and commercial-free video. MCTV is seeking a Technical Manager with a background in broadcast engineering and or interest in video production and streaming. The Technical Manager’s responsibilities require skills to troubleshoot the organization’s technical issues as they arise well as development and implementation of new systems and processes. The Technical Manager will work closely with the Executive Director and Production Manager to make key tech and production decisions.
20+hours/Week/Flexible Schedule/$28 Hourly
- Oversee and make improvements and repairs to the PEG access channel system; including, but not exclusively, the onsite production studio, the HD and SD automation systems, sound systems, studio control rooms, remote control camera robotics, edit suites, cable and live stream transmission, and web VOD
- Oversee and make improvements and repairs to the MCTV’s IT systems and equipment; including, but not exclusively, computer labs and stations (PC and Mac), data/internet networks, digital media storage, security systems and Wi-Fi systems
- Work with Executive Director to identify long- and short-range capital improvement plans
- Work with Production Manager to plan and execute remote livestream multi-cam productions.
Desired Work Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university; or equivalent experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Broadcasting or IT background
- Audio, video and live stream expertise
- Television experience helpful
- Effective problem solver, who can identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions
- Develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and within budget
- Strives to continuously build knowledge base and skills; shares expertise with others
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Very strong computer skills, including networking and video streaming
- Understanding of audio and video flow
- Comfortable interfacing with clients
To apply please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Technical Manager – Your Last Name” listed in the subject line.